Here at Wisdom Health we provide counselling and psychological services to treat mental health difficulties and enhance everyday wellbeing. A lot more people than you may think seek counselling, with one in five Australians experiencing mental health issues and one in four experiencing depression* (Australian Government Mental Health Commission 2010).
We welcome children, adolescents, individuals, couples, families and the elderly, linking you with psychologists trained to address your unique needs.
The reasons why people come to see us are varied and include:
- Psychological disorders: Depression, anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder, sleep disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder, eating disorders, post natal depression, phobias.
- Medical conditions: Chronic pain or illnesses, which may have psychological aspects contributing to maintaining them.
- Stress: Work stress, relationship stress, family stress and/or abuse, combat/war experience, trauma, grief, dissatisfaction with life
- Major life changes: Parenthood, loss of a loved one, career change, retirement.
- Preventative: Enhancing resilience and coping skills to improve psychological 'fitness' and prevent mental health problems from arising.